Thursday, October 14, 2010

Letting go of the past.

Lived my life chasing my dreams,
Getting high, partying, stealing and not
Caring about a thing.
My family dying and leaving.
The great parting.
I found my bliss in a needle.
I found myself inside of  a prison cell.
I trusted no man, lived on the streets.
Concrete is my bed, the bridges my home.
This is all I have known. Inhumanity all around.
Indifference and not caring if I lived or died.
One day I awoke from my dream.
To find myself engulfed in love & light.
I changed my life.
No longer alone, I found my home.
The heart within me and you.
Where nothing else matters.
-sadmonk

4 comments:

  1. Yeah, Rev. You and I have alot in common. :D Love ya! Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah Rev... I see we are both "friends of Jimmy K"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes the hardest lessons are the ones best learned.

    ReplyDelete