Monday, October 18, 2010

Sadmonk's Meditation.

This is what I see everyday.
The birds sing to me.
They come and land on me.
They told me we are free,
and thanks for feeding me.
The trees hug me,
I hug them back.
The children hang out with me,
They like someone who laughs.
If you always smile your sure to
be young all your life is true.
My friends love me,
and I love you!
My family shelters me,
the universe provides.
My world is beautiful,
all beings are divine.
I live in heaven,
not some other time.
All because I stopped
and listened, cared.
Without wanting to be anything but free.
I learned how to fly, from some friends of mine.
Thank you.
-sadmonk 2008

3 comments:

  1. {All because I stopped and listened}

    I once saw a book presentation by Gary Gach ("Complete Idiot's Guide to Buddhism") where he said he could sum up Buddhism in two words: "Pay attention."

    I have come to understand just what he meant. ॐ

    ReplyDelete
  2. :)lol! Thanks Doug.
    The Bodhisattva Kuan Yin's method (dharma door to liberation) was listening, and when she heard the cries of the worlds suffering she vowed to help save all beings.
    I had some very profound spiritual experiences in my life. To listen to others is care for them, that is also my practice and vow.
    Love and Light Doug!
    This is her mantra, it protects all beings.
    namo kuan shr yin pusa

    ReplyDelete